Dr. Radkey provides comprehensive care for patients age 18 or older.
As an internal medicine physician, Dr. Radkey focuses on adult medicine including preventative care and management of complex health issues such as heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, thyroid disorders, women’s health, and geriatric medicine.
As a primary care physician, Dr. Radkey also provides medical care and treatment for common illnesses such as colds, flu, and infections in addition to performing wellness checkups and D.O.T. physical exams.
• Health Concerns and Treatments Dr. Radkey manages complex health issues which require close patient monitoring. Conditions requiring use of anticoagulants (e.g. Coumadin®) as well as issues such as osteoporosis, thyroid disorders and cholesterol management, requiring frequent checkups and labs to maintain optimal levels, are focuses of Dr. Radkey’s practice.
• Wellness Physicals (Female & Male) Wellness exams can include a physical exam, an overview of personal and family medical history, and a discussion about healthy lifestyle choices and habits. Dr. Radkey will review all prescription medications you are taking as well as check your height, weight and BMI. Women’s physicals may include a clinical breast exam and pap smear. Men’s physicals may include a prostate check. Routine tests for blood sugar and lipid levels for cholesterol may be performed
• Acute Illness Care (Same-Day Appointments) An acute illness is one that starts suddenly, but is short-lived. In most cases, same day appointments are available for diagnosis and treatment of acute illnesses. Examples of acute illnesses include:
• Women’s Health Issues Dr. Radkey treats a variety of women’s health issues including patients with multiple conditions requiring multiple medications such as osteoporosis and urine incontinence. Dr. Radkey focuses on health issues that impact women at different stages of their lives and provides healthcare plans and treatment strategies for conditions that are unique to women.
• D.O.T. Physicals Federal law requires routine physicals for all commercial drivers. Dr. Radkey performs D.O.T. physicals in compliance with federal law. During your DOT physical, Dr. Radkey will:
• Geriatric Medicine Dr. Radkey provides comprehensive care for senior adults for conditions and diseases associated with aging. Health problems that frequently affect older adults include:
Falls & complications arising from accidents
Management of multiple medications
• Chronic Medical Diseases & Conditions Chronic medical conditions are those that are persistent or long-lasting (more than 3 months in duration). Dr. Radkey helps develop treatment plans for people with chronic medical conditions to successfully manage their health. She will work with any of your specialists to help coordinate care.
Medical Examples of Chronic Diseases and Conditions: